QCOSS conference and bushfire information – 5:30pm Tuesday 10 September
|QCOSS Conference 2019 – Bushfire update|
|We would like to reassure you of the safety, given the current bushfire threat in some regions on the Sunshine Coast, for the QCOSS State Conference at The Events Centre, Caloundra this Thursday 12 and Friday 13 September. |
We are in constant contact with the local authorities and The Events Centre. The Centre has their evacuation procedure in place and we are proactively seeking up to date information.
Currently the fires are 40 minutes from the Events Centre and the airport is clear.
Please do check in with your flight carrier for any updates. We will provide any updates to this via push notification on the app in the first instance, followed by an email. Please download our Attendify app, search for ‘QCOSS State Conference 2019’ and allow push notifications.
You can stay up to date, see the schedule, and read about our speakers by checking out the QCOSS State Conference 2019 on the Attendify app (iPhone and Android). Scan the QR code to begin:
Leading change together is the theme of the QCOSS State Conference 2019.
It takes more than one person in a community to lead change. Leading change is a collective venture. It takes people, purpose and passion and needs to be supported by process, plans and partners.
Since our Movement for change conference in May 2018, QCOSS has held conversations with communities across the state with an emphasis on learning what it will take to create communities where everyone contributes, matters and belongs. This conference will build on these conversations. Our focus will be on three areas of change – rebooting the system (structural change), being in service (sector change) and starting a revolution (community change).
You will hear from people at different stages of their ‘change’ journey; some will share positive outcomes and others the hurdles they have met along the way. Everyone is at different stages of their change journey; everyone has something to contribute and everyone will gain from attending.
When you attend Leading change together you will:
- listen to keynote speaker Mariam Issa share her perspective on leading change
- learn from opinion leaders as they discuss their experiences and share how we can lead change to achieve improved outcomes for everyone
- hear what QCOSS has learned from our conversations with Queensland communities
- hear from people who are leading change in their communities. How are they doing it? What have they learned?
- develop skills to begin or continue to lead change in your community
- leave with an appetite and recipe for action to lead change in your community.